Brian Kurtz is a true TITAN of direct response marketing. With a career spanning nearly 4 decades, he has sent over 1.3 Billion pieces of direct mail and mastered the marketing of newsletters and books via direct response television (infomercials) and using e-mail and the Internet in huge numbers. At the height of his infomercial success, he was responsible for buying media in excess of $80 million and he sold over 3 million books via direct response television over a three year period while at the Boardroom.
It doesn’t matter if you’re just getting started or trying to scale your business to a billion in revenue, Brian Kurtz reveals some time-tested, hard-won lessons that will help you on your journey.
This interview was a real treat for me because Brian was extremely generous in sharing his wisdom and letting me borrow his brilliance to use in my business, my clients and to share with my audience (that’s YOU).
- Multi Channel Marketing and how to do it right
- Why a product/promotion is not a business and how to make certain you don’t get stuck on an endless loop
- Determining lifetime value, low/medium/high scenarios, customer loyalty
- Understanding the consumer’s “barrier to switch”, the hassle factor and commodities vs. specialty products
- The 40/40/20 rule and how to use it in your business
- RFM – Recency, Frequency, Monetary… the 3 most important letters to any direct response marketer
- Regression modeling and how it relates to Facebook
- How to cater to your VIPs
- The difference between the “Intrepreneur” vs. Entrepreneur
- How to hire the right creatives and copywriters – what to look for and red flags
- Brian’s Online to Offline to Online method
To contact Brian, you can visit his website briankurtz.me.
You can buy his book The Advertising Solution (with lots of extras) here.
Hear Brian’s interview with Joe Polish.
If you have any questions or just need some advice, email Brad at email@example.com.