One thing that all entrepreneurs I know have in common is that we are great “strategists.” Give us a whiteboard or a bar napkin and we can map out a million dollar business quickly.
But how many times have YOU mapped out a plan and failed to implement or execute it? (I have dozens of these in my files and it’s a very frustrating feeling).
That’s why I invited Vinnie Fisher to join me today and discuss his approach to Executing great Strategies and how he cultivates quarterbacks in his business that allow him to do his best while he trains and inspires others to do theirs, growing multiple multi-million dollar businesses in the process.
Meet Vinnie Fisher: businessman, entrepreneur, author, husband, and father
A lawyer by trade, Vinnie practiced tax and business law for 10 years before leaving the field in 2007 to pursue entrepreneurship full-time. From starting and selling a chain of workshop centers helping adults with developmental disabilities to creating one of the largest web hosting companies, Vinnie knows how to start and scale a business.
By the summer of 2014, Vinnie had caught the entrepreneurial bug again and opened Fully Accountable, a full-service accounting firm that provides virtual CFO, bookkeeping, and accounting services for small and medium closely held businesses. Vinnie currently serves as Chairman of the Board and Chief Visionary for the business.
Also in 2014, Vinnie opened Site Trust, a website monitoring and security firm that provides 24/7 uptime monitoring, website security seals, and a comprehensive suite of security tools for website owners.
At the end of the year Vinnie wrote his first book, The Best Investment: A Better You (must read)
In the book he details the ups, downs, wins and losses he’s faced (including how he lost $30 million) and is back stronger and happier than ever.
You’ll hear me dive into the space between Vinnie’s ears and discover what he has to say about:
- The power of mentors and masterminds
- How to make your business less about you, and more about _____…
- Cultivating a Quarterback in your business to hand off your business to someone else
- Hiring for expertise and competence VS attitude
- How most business have 3 vital parts, and knowing where you fit in is key
- The most important 3 traits in any Manager you hire
- Taking young interns out of college (even high school) and showing them how to manage new projects in their business
- How and why you should make your project managers use and develop their own resources to keep them from disrupting the internal team and their resources, budget etc.
- How Vinnie just hired college intern to launch an HR compliance department at his company
- How to easily find the money for new people & projects without taking it away from other departments
- The Farm System vs Free Agency method of talent acquisition
- How the entrepreneur can be the visionary without being a bull in a china shop
- The disconnect between strategy and execution and how to close the gap
For more information on Vinnie Fisher:
Visit his website at VinnieFisher.com
Buy his book on Amazon:
Visit FullyAccountable.com and request a consultation
And if you enjoyed this
episode episizzle, please leave a comment below, SHARE IT, and subscribe on iTunes or Youtube.