Computer hackers are experts at finding shortcuts, backdoors and tactics to get access to computer networks. Profit Hackers find leverage points in your business, website or elsewhere that allow you to make more money by unlocking the hidden potential in your business.
Meet Steve Daar
Today’s special guest is Steve Daar, a conversion consultant, profit hacker, and an expert when it comes to growing your profits. Steve actually transitioned from being a finance guy to a marketing junkie where he now leverages his expertise as he is set on a mission to help people with important messages to amplify their reach, impact, and profits and do some real good in the process.
In addition, Steve has written an excellent book called Profit Hacking, where he has laid out real core principles when it comes to improving profits and conversion.
I have invited Steve on the show so he can share with us his bacon wrapped strategies on how you can grow your profits significantly.
Here’s what we discussed:
- 4:43 – From zero marketing experience to expert in record time
- 5:18 – The three core principles of what you need to grow your business and profits
- 5:42 – How Perry Marshall's book, 80/20 Sales and Marketing, inspired Steve
- 6:03 – Traffic, Conversion, and Economics
- 7:42 – Finding leverage
- 10:34 – The only 3 ways to grow a business
- 12:09 – The importance of knowing the “voice” of your customers
- 13:46 – Why you should start off answering support tickets yourself
- 14:57 – 2 powerful, quick questions in your simple survey
- 17:12 – The three main types of data: What, Why, How
- 18:38 – The PIE Framework: Potential, Importance, Ease and ways to use it
- 22:03 – Systematic Simplification Case study: Shopify
- 23:58 – The three questions through people's minds when they go to a website that you need to answer
- 26:02 – Steve's ideal clients
- 26:52 – Why Steve named his company Conversion For Good
- 29:14 – The fallacy of following your passion
- 32:44 – Steve's passion project: Helping K-12 school teachers across the country.
- 39:30 – Huge, game-changing books for Steve: Choose Yourself! by James Altucher, The Ultimate Sales Machine by Chet Holmes, and E-Myth by Michael Gerber
- 40:54 – Recommended heat mapping software: SessionCam
- 42:16 – The power of leveraging Google Analytics